Intern SQL DEVELOPER
About IT is a leading business solutions (ERP) service provider since 2003. We have an esteemed client base in most industries including, but not limited to, Distribution, Financial Services, Agriculture, Mining and Retail. We are looking for candidates that are self-motivated, self-managed, results-driven and dynamic with a strong drive towards providing excellent solutions. Your focus will be to understand business requirements, designing, developing and delivering solutions within a structured product offering, on time and within budget.
- The SQL Developer position requires a strong understanding of the flow of data throughout the business and a strong understanding of the processes performed on the data to transform this data to support Client knowledge discovery.
- The position will take accountability for obtaining data from Clients, transforming this data into the format required and loading this into a database environment.
- From there, specified tests will need to be performed on the data and reports and other data objects generated.
Summary of Skills and qualifications required:
- Advanced T-SQL developed and code reviews.
- T-SQL Optimising queries.
- Ability to work independently with clients.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders Qualifications
- Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
- At least 2 Years Experience
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- MCSA: SQL Development 2016
- Com Infomatics or B.sc Computer Science
Advantageous MS SQL Server experience:
- MS SQL Server Administration.
Full scope of DBA experience.
b. In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server Replication.
c. Automation of MS SQL Server monitoring and alerting.
- Understanding of financial systems.
- Team Player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Passion for life and work
- Willingness to learn, grow and adapt
- Ability to meet deadlines.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.