1. Key Objectives:
• To provide Consulmet SA with a dedicated accounting function.
• To enable Consulmet SA to maintain an effective financial reporting structure and system.
• To enable Consulmet SA to prepare real time information for financial reporting, decision making and project cost tracking.
• To provide support to related procurement and finance teams.
2. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capturing cashbook entries and bank account reconciliations.
• Posting journal entries.
• Creating and sending customer invoices.
• Tracking project invoicing progress.
• Placing supplier orders, as support to procurement department.
• Processing suppliers invoices.
• Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts.
• Preparing accounts payable reconciliations and payment batches.
• Preparing cash flow reports for weekly payments.
• Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
• Maintaining internal controls.
• Preparing monthly financial reports.
• Preparing monthly payroll and related reports.
• Preparing VAT and PAYE returns.
• Maintaining accurate bookkeeping.
3. Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Qualified Senior Bookkeeper with Financial/Accounting Degree or Diploma.
• 5 years or more experience working in Construction / Mining / Infrastructure type projects industry.
• Previous experience working on Pastel Evolution and VIP Payroll would be an advantage.
• Sound knowledge of accounting inputs for cash book, debtors, creditors and general journals.
• Strong on Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Up-to- date on Statutory Requirements.
• Experience on cash flows and budgeting.
• Previous payroll experience.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Strong written/verbal communication and analytical skills.
4. Character and Attributes
• Analytical and methodical.
• High level of integrity.
• Solution orientated.