1. Key Objectives:
• To provide Consulmet Pty Ltd with a financial management function.
• To enable Consulmet Pty Ltd to maintain up-to-date and accurate financial records.
• To provide support to the current finance team.
2. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
A support role which reports to the GM of the Finance Department, and involves:
• Capturing cashbook entries and performing bank account reconciliations.
• Processing travel and credit card expense accounts.
• Processing journal entries.
• Creating and sending customer invoices.
• Tracking project invoicing progress.
• Maintaining accounts receivable accounts.
• Maintaining fixed assets register and depreciation calculations.
• Managing petty cash transactions and maintaining reconciliations.
• Capturing intercompany transactions.
• Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
• Maintaining internal controls.
• Preparing monthly payroll and related reports.
• Preparing VAT and PAYE returns.
• Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records.
• Preparing for Audit.
• Other Adhoc financial duties.
3. Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Qualified Financial Manager with Financial/Accounting Degree.
• 5 years or more experience working in the Construction / Mining / Infrastructure type projects industry.
• Previous experience working on Pastel Evolution, VIP Payroll, and Excel.
• Sound knowledge of IFRS and accounting inputs for cashbook, debtors, creditors, and general journals.
• Strong on Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Fixed Assets and Depreciation Experience.
• Experience in intercompany transactions and accounts.
• Experience with international banking and multi-currency transactions.
• Up-to-date on Statutory Requirements and Taxation.
• Previous payroll experience.
• Able to work as part of a team and experience in managing staff.
• Strong written/verbal communication and analytical skills.
4. Character and Attributes:
• Highly dependable and dedicated.
• High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, and analytical skills.
• Deadline orientated.
• Solution orientated.