What Is Agility?
Business agility is the ability of an organization to sense changes internally or externally & respond accordingly to deliver value to its customer. This is not just scaling agile across an IT department, business agility is being agile at the organizational level;
Organizations are complex so business agility must be prevalent on multiple fronts such as change leadership, organizational design, governance innovation, knowledge management & culture
Business agility enables organizations to innovate and deliver more effectively, thus turning market disruption into a competitive advantage, while thriving in complex environments. An organization that has attained business agility can adapt its structures to rapidly deliver products or services, innovate beyond market changes, and grow leaders that can effectively support all of this across even large and complex businesses.
Benefits of business agility
- Productivity – Once your business adopts an agile framework productivity will improve, turnaround time will reduce and you will be able to respond rapidly to new opportunities.
- Value-add – Increased productivity, reduced costs, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Innovation – Turning market disruption into competitive advantage results in sustainability.
- Teamwork – A hallmark of agile businesses is improved teamwork and staff retention.
- An adaptive organizational culture – Resilience ensures you are in the long game.
In the consumer-centric society we live in, the ability to add value & a frictionless experience becomes the differentiator between companies that struggle to remain relevant, & those that maintain & grow their customer bases